The Deskit Yarchos Chenmo 5th Ladakh’s Annual Summer Buddhist Council with Dalai Lama
In the heart of the Annual Summer Buddhist Council in Ladakh continues the old buddhist tradition of philosophical debate and discusssion of core buddhist tenants. This brings together the different buddhist traditions of Ladakh and the relevance of spirituality in hopes of building a peaceful and harmonious society.
This summer meeting will also be a platform for students from different schools to engage in discussions on spirituality, culture and moral values in a changing time.
The discussion will cover a wide range of topics; from practising Dharma, and the Four Noble Truths to the Three bases of Vinaya. It will cover the social issue of the harmful effects of alcohol and tobacco, rising suicide cases as well as the importance of the local Tibetan language which is spoken both by Buddhists and Muslims of Ladakh.
The aim of this rare summer gathering; presided over by His Holiness the Dalai Lama, is to bring about spiritual understanding, the importance of moral values and to promote inter-religious harmony in Ladakh.
The Dalai Lama full schedule 2017 Ladakh, of the visit is as follows:
The final exact dates will be available soon at www.DalaiLama.com
- July 10, Monday – Arrive Disket Monastery
- July 11, Tuesday – Deskit Monastery: Attend Closing Ceremony of Yarcho Chenmo at Disket Monastery
- July 12, Wednesday – Deskit Monastery: Teaching on Kamalashila’s. The Middle Stages of Meditation (gamrins barpo) and Gyalsey Thakme Sangpa’s Thirty-Seven Practices of a Bodhisattva (laklen sodumna). His Holiness will engage in interaction with Students from various schools
- July 13, Thursday – Deskit Monastery: Teaching on Kamalashila’s. The Middle Stages of Meditation (gamrins barpo) and Gyalsey Thakme Sangpa’s Thirty-Seven Practices of a Bodhisattva (laklen sodumna). Long Life Offering (tenshuk)
- July 14, Friday – Deskit Yul Phodrang: Long life Empowerment followed by Long life Prayer Offering
- July 15, Saturday – Visit to Turtuk
- July 16, Sunday – Visit to Samstantiing Monastery
- July 17, Monday – Visit to Samstaniing Monastory
- July 18, Tuesday – Depart Shewatsal Phodrang
To Attend the Dalai lama’s teaching in Nubra ,ladakh ,India with Omalaya.
His Holiness The 14th Dalai Lama will visit Nubra.
In this journey, you will attend the rare teaching given by His Holiness The Dalai Lama in Ladakh, India, with introduction into the heart of Tibetan traditions.
You will also encounter the Tibetan and Ladakhi community at a rare gathering of Yarchos Chenmo – Summer Buddhist Council. Whether you are a practising Buddhist or an interested observer, you will be given the opportunity to gain intimate insight into the applications of the Buddha’s teachings.
Breathtaking landscapes and authentic spiritual encounters will be waiting for you in this journey into the heart of the Himalaya.
You will find the full tour pack to attend Dalai Lama teaching 2017 July at Nubra,Ladakh India below :
And also on our website :