A rare opportunity to attend the Dalai Lama’s teachings, hear his words of compassion, and embrace the joyful energy of Tibetans living in exile. His Holiness the Dalai lama will conduct a four-day teaching program on 27th August- 2nd September (topic to be decided). Our tours also include meetings with karmapa and visits to Norbulingka and Tsuglakhang temples; an ideal experience for practicing Buddhists and general devotees of peace and compassion.
- Dalai Lama teachings and his infinite compassion
- Review of the teachings with a Geshe and a yogi
- Stay with an Indian family in a local village
- Meeting a Rinpoche
- Public or private audience with Gyalwa Karmapa
- Lungta prayer-flag-rising ceremony
- Dalai Lama’s and Nechung temples
- Tsuglakhang monastery
- Norbulingka Cultural Institute
- Tibetan museum and library
- Men Tse Khang medicine center
Note : the visits will depend upon the teachings’ schedule and time availability.
Sunday 27th of August 2017
Upon arrival to Delhi, you will take a flight to Dharamshala. Check-in at the guesthouse.
Monday 28th of August 2017
Teaching registration and visit to Tsuglagkhang temple.
This morning, your guide will take you to the small town of McLeod Ganj where you will visit the Dalai Lama’s temple and residence. Along with the pilgrims you will peform the kora; a circular walk around the temple. You will explore the Tsuglagkhang Monastery, the Dalai Lama’s temple, whose main structure is based on the one of the Jokhang Temples in Lhasa, Tibet. Then, you will visit the temple’s Tibetan Museum. This emotional experience will acompany a visual history of the Tibetan people who have been exiled from their home.
Tuesday 29th of August to Friday 1st of September 2017
Morning teaching by his Holiness the Dalai Lama.
Participate in evening review sessions with Geshe.
There will be a recap and a debate around the concepts that would have been taught earlier in the day by His Holiness.
Optional experience :
• You will visit the Tibetan Medical and Astrological Institute:
Men Tse Khang and its interesting museum, which includes a rich collection of plants and thangkas, Tibetan paintings. You will then meet a doctor of traditional Tibetan medicine for an holistic consultation. Through this experience, you will discover the benefits of this 2500 year old science, restoring mental and physical balance through natural remedies.
• You will follow a small path offering a magnificent view of Dharamshala and the surrounding of Kangra Valley in order to visit a yogi retreat. Yogis have dedicated their lives to meditation and studying the nature of the mind. You will be invited to share a special time of meditation practice with a yogi instated by the Dalai Lama.
Saturday 2nd of September 2017
You will take a flight to Delhi for your flight back home.
Note : Depending upon the teachings schedule and time availability, you might be able to visit Norbulingka, Nechung temple, Tibetan museum and Tibetan medical Institute.
An audience with Karmapa might be organised, depending upon his arrival to Dharamshala and his schedule.